Congratulations! You’ve mastered a tremendous amount of material. Regular expressions are extremely versatile and powerful—literally a language in their own right. You’ll find them invaluable in your Python coding.
You now know how to:
re.search()to perform regex matching in Python
- Create complex pattern matching searches with regex metacharacters
- Tweak regex parsing behavior with flags
- Make full use of all the functions that the
- Precompile a regex in Python
- Extract information from match objects
Congratulations, you made it to the end of the course! What’s your #1 takeaway or favorite thing you learned? How are you going to put your newfound skills to use? Leave a comment in the discussion section and let us know.