Turbocharge Your Python Learning with In-Depth Tutorials, Real-World Examples, and Expert Guidance
Founded in 2012, we are a leading provider of online Python education and one of the largest language-specific online communities for software developers.
We publish high-quality learning resources, such as tutorials, books, email newsletters, podcasts, and courses to an audience of 3,000,000 developers, data scientists, and machine learning engineers each month.
Learn Python the right way…
Our learn-by-doing approach supports Pythonistas of any skill level. Along every step of the way, we’ll help you learn, practice, assess your progress, and apply your newfound skills to solve real-world problems.
Start your learning journey. What would you like to learn?
Technology moves fast—
Think of Real Python as a “gym for Pythonistas” where we’ll help you grow your skills deeper and deeper over time and you can trust us that you’ll always find something new and interesting.
Instead of wasting hours hunting for the right YouTube tutorial, boring themselves with Udemy courses of questionable quality, or begging for help on Reddit, Real Python members level up their skills quickly and effectively with curated resources that are always up to date.
Immersive Learning is our philosophy:
At Real Python you can immerse yourself in a topic and explore it deeply with a variety of learning modalities, such as video courses, written tutorials, interactive quizzes, and podcast interviews.
Here’s an example:
Let’s say you want to learn about Python Decorators.
They’re an amazingly useful feature in Python, but can appear quite arcane at first:
def wrapper_do_twice(*args, **kwargs):
Now, let’s turn you into a decorator expert…
Simply type “
decorators” into the Real Python search box and you’ll find:
- A step-by-step video course that gets you up to speed quickly with bite-sized lessons you can complete in just a few minutes at a time
- An in-depth article to explore more decorator use cases in great detail and with copyable code snippets
- An interactive quiz to test your knowledge of Python decorators
- A Q&A transcript from a Real Python Community Chat event where our staff of Python experts answered members’ questions about decorators
- More tutorials and courses that leverage decorators for writing clean and Pythonic code
- Our Python Tricks book that shows you how to use decorators and other Python-specific features for maximum productivity
- A podcast interview that explores the topic further in a more conversational style (💡Tip: Pop in your headphones and round out your knowledge while you do laundry or take care of errands)
And just like that, you’ve discovered your playbook for deeply understanding Python decorators so you can leverage them in your own programs and impress your coworkers (or interviewers!)
I’m Dan, CEO here at Real Python.
Welcome to Real Python! I’m excited you’ve decided to join us on this amazing journey to becoming an expert Pythonista.
At Real Python, we’re 100% focused on Python and all about making learning fun and engaging.
Our mission is to help you develop a deep expertise in all aspects of working with this amazing language.
Our passionate team works hard to provide you with the best learning experience. We offer up-to-date tutorials, courses, quizzes, and real-world projects to help you gain practical skills and effortless mastery in Python programming.
Since you’re already on our “Start Here” page, you’re in the perfect place to begin. This page is an introduction to Real Python and a how-to for accessing learning resources tailored to your needs.
I’m thrilled to have you in the Real Python community, and we’re always here to support you. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need help.
Welcome aboard, and Happy Pythoning! ❤️🐍
— Dan Bader
If you’re completely new to programming and Python, then start your learning journey with the Python Basics learning path below.
This path is designed to pick you up at the ground floor and carry you to basic proficiency with Python. After finishing the Python Basics path, you’ll be well equipped to tackle any of other beginner learning paths:
Python Basics: Introduction to Python
16 Resources ⋅ Skills: Python 3 Fundamentals, Real-World Projects
Learning Python isn’t a one-size-fits-all task, so it’s important to spend some time thinking about why you’re here. What do you want to do with Python?
Think about where you want to go, and then consider what skills you’ll need to get there. Learning is a continuous process. Stay open to exploring new areas and concepts, and don’t be afraid to revise your goals as your interests evolve.
🔥 Tip: If you’re unsure where to begin or jump into a learning path and get stuck, you can always ask for help in the Real Python Community Chat or at Office Hours. Those are also great places to hear from other programmers who have been in your shoes and may have suggestions on what to do next.
Ready to kick things off? Check out our Welcome to Real Python onboarding course where you’ll get an overview of the features of the learning platform and tips on how you can make the most of Real Python, such as:
- How to find the most valuable learning resources for your current skill level
- How to meet and interact with other learners and the Real Python Team
- How to learn effectively
- … and more!
Biggest Wins & Results With Real Python (1:31)
To ensure a great learning experience and to continously improve our service, so we regularly ask our customers to share their thoughts in a feedback survey.
Here’s what learners love about Real Python:
- Concise, clear, and in-depth explanations of various concepts, catering to different skill levels: On-demand access to easy-to-understand resources that break down complex concepts into simple, digestible lessons. No more confusion or frustration—just clear, concise learning.
- Comprehensive and understandable tutorials, including advanced concepts and best practices: Stay up to date with the latest Python techniques and best practices. Our wide range of topics ensures you’ll always be at the cutting edge of Python development.
- High-quality content, including articles, video courses, and interactive quizzes, covering a wide range of topics: Choose the learning style that suits you best. With a mix of articles, video courses, and interactive quizzes, you’ll never experience learning fatigue.
- Practical, immediately applicable tutorials with real-world examples and applications: Our tutorials are designed with real-world applications in mind, ensuring that you can immediately apply what you’ve learned to your projects and professional development.
- Regularly updated and relevant content to stay current in the industry: Stay ahead of the game with our regularly updated content. As the Python landscape evolves, so do our tutorials, ensuring you’re always in the know.
- Easy-to-understand, well-structured, and engaging resources with step-by-step examples: Our resources are designed to be engaging and easy to follow, with step-by-step examples that help you grasp even the most complex concepts.
- Fair pricing and great value for the resources provided: Invest in your future without breaking the bank. Gain highly valuable skills with an affordable “all-access” pricing model.
- Strong community support, including networking opportunities and helpful guidance from instructors: Join our vibrant community of Python enthusiasts and receive valuable support, networking opportunities, and guidance from our expert instructors.
- Accessible and useful for both beginners and experienced developers: Whether you’re just starting out or already an experienced developer, our platform caters to all skill levels, helping you reach your Python goals.
- Positive impact on personal and professional development, with users reporting increased proficiency and ability to apply their learning in real-world situations: Boost your career prospects and personal growth with our practical, real-world-focused tutorials.
Here’s how our learning platform works. Master Python at your own pace with these features and comprehensive Python training resources:
Ready to elevate your Python skills and become a highly sought-after developer?
From beginners to experienced programmers, our expertly curated content will help you stay ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving world of Python development.
Choose the option that best fits your needs:
Our flagship product. An all-in-one Python learning platform that offers everything you need to master Python, regardless of your current skill level.
A complete learning system, created by expert Pythonistas
Master the skills that will help you succeed in your career and personal projects
100% Python-focused learning resources
Your one-stop-shop for online Python training. Give your team the knowledge, experience, and confidence they need to tackle any challenge.
Empower your team with membership access through a single billing account
Simplify team license management and progress analytics
Ensure team members stay up to date with the latest Python best practices and tools
Learn offline and take your Python skills to the next level with books written and published by the Real Python Team.
Python Basics: A Practical Introduction to Python 3
Go from beginner to intermediate in Python with this complete curriculum, showcasing the power of Python 3.
Python Tricks: A Buffet of Awesome Python Features
Discover Python’s best practices with simple examples and start writing even more beautiful and Pythonic code.
CPython Internals: Your Guide to the Python 3 Interpreter
Unlock the inner workings of the Python language and compile the Python interpreter from source code with this technical deep dive.
“Real Python is the most professional Python tutorial site.”
— David Dansby,
Data Engineer at Atlassian
“I came up to speed incredibly fast”
— Douglas Ortego,
“I am really enjoying Real Python. There is so much to learn and do, it’s just incredible! Plus, the tutorials really work as taught.”
— Philip Moose,
“A fully integrated learning system […]
and a community for camaraderie”
— Jamison Morse,
“I’m always in there, no matter how much I think I know”
— Hugh Tipping,
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
“Very well designed, so that you
can choose how to approach things yourself”
— Leona Rodenkirchen,
Theoretical Physics M.Sc. Student
“My biggest win so far is having the confidence in myself
to tackle new projects that I would’ve set aside before”
— Christopher Scogin,
Cloud Cyber Defence Analyst
“It is a fantastic resource and
it’s structured very well”
— Edward Wright,
Senior Systems Developer
“There’s so much information there and
it’s delivered really effectively”
— Brian Patrick O’Sullivan,
Airline Revenue Management
“The explanations are thorough
and lucid and they work
for anybody at any stage”
— Mandy Wong,
API and Integration Specialist
No problem! Here’s a great way to start—sign up for our free Python Tricks email series (341,217 subscribers and counting) and get short, actionable coding tips delivered to your inbox:
🐍 Python Tricks 💌
Get a short & sweet Python Trick delivered to your inbox every couple of days. No spam ever. Unsubscribe any time. Curated by the Real Python team.