Caching is an essential optimization technique for improving the performance of any software system. Understanding how caching works is a fundamental step toward incorporating it effectively in your applications.
In this video course, you learned:
- What the different caching strategies are and how they work
- How to use Python’s
- How to create a new decorator to extend the functionality of
- How to measure your code’s runtime using the
- What recursion is and how to solve a problem using it
The next step to implementing different caching strategies in your applications is looking at the
cachetools module. This library provides several collections and decorators covering some of the most popular caching strategies that you can start using right away.
For more information on the concepts covered in this course, check out:
- Cache replacement policies
- functools Module - Lesson in Python Coding Interviews: Tips & Best Practices
- Primer on Python Decorators
- The Real Python Podcast Episode 68: Exploring the functools Module and Complex Numbers in Python
- Python Timer Functions: Three Ways to Monitor Your Code
- Recursion in Python: An Introduction
- Exploring the Fibonacci Sequence With Python
Congratulations, you made it to the end of the course! What’s your #1 takeaway or favorite thing you learned? How are you going to put your newfound skills to use? Leave a comment in the discussion section and let us know.