When you need to count several repeated objects in Python, you can use
collections. This class provides an efficient and Pythonic way to count things without the need for using traditional techniques involving loops and nested data structures. This can make your code cleaner and faster.
In this video course, you learned how to:
- Count several repeated objects using different Python tools
- Create quick and efficient counters with Python’s
- Retrieve the most common objects in a particular counter
- Update and manipulate object counts
Counterto facilitate further computations
Counterinstances as multisets
For more information on concepts covered in this course, you can check out:
- Reverse Strings in Python: reversed(), Slicing, and More
- Python’s collections: A Buffet of Specialized Data Types
- Dictionaries in Python
Congratulations, you made it to the end of the course! What’s your #1 takeaway or favorite thing you learned? How are you going to put your newfound skills to use? Leave a comment in the discussion section and let us know.