In this course, you’ve gone through the basics of OAuth 2 and OpenID Connect. You’ve seen how to use well-known Python packages to create a web application that allows users to log in with their existing Google account. Most importantly, you have example code that serves as a great starting point for your next web application!
The application you made in this article is a great starting point. Your next step could be to do the following:
- Rework the database initialization to happen separately from running the application
- Separate out the HTML/CSS from the Python code for easier management:
- You could use templates.
- You could also load static files (like JS and CSS) from elsewhere.
- Host your application in the cloud
- Purchase a domain name
- Use a real SSL certificate and get rid of that pesky warning
Congratulations, you made it to the end of the course! What’s your #1 takeaway or favorite thing you learned? How are you going to put your newfound skills to use? Leave a comment in the discussion section and let us know.