Congratulations! You’ve learned the fundamental concepts surrounding date and time. It’s time for you to apply your newfound knowledge in your real world applications.
In this course, you learned how to:
- Use a floating point number, representing seconds elapsed since the epoch, to deal with time
- Manage time using tuples and
- Convert between seconds, tuples, and timestamp strings
- Suspend the execution of a Python thread
- Measure performance using
If you want to continue learning more about using dates and times in Python, take a look at the following modules:
datetime: A more robust date and time module in Python’s standard library
timeit: A module for measuring the performance of code snippets
astropy: Higher precision datetimes used in astronomy
You might also want to check out How to Get and Use the Current Time in Python.
Congratulations, you made it to the end of the course! What’s your #1 takeaway or favorite thing you learned? How are you going to put your newfound skills to use? Leave a comment in the discussion section and let us know.