Congratulations! You’ve learned the fundamental concepts surrounding date and time. It’s time for you to apply your newfound knowledge in your real world applications.
In this course, you learned how to:
- Use a floating point number, representing seconds elapsed since the epoch, to deal with time
- Manage time using tuples and
- Convert between seconds, tuples, and timestamp strings
- Suspend the execution of a Python thread
- Measure performance using
If you want to continue learning more about using dates and times in Python, take a look at the following modules:
datetime: A more robust date and time module in Python’s standard library
timeit: A module for measuring the performance of code snippets
astropy: Higher precision datetimes used in astronomy
Congratulations, you made it to the end of the course! What’s your #1 takeaway or favorite thing you learned? How are you going to put your newfound skills to use? Leave a comment in the discussion section and let us know.