Kimberly Fessel is a freelance data scientist and video instructor for Real Python. She specializes in data visualization, natural language processing, and technical instruction.
Kimberly has over a decade of educational experience in corporate settings, at academic universities, and most recently as director at a data science bootcamp. She has also worked in digital advertising where she helped businesses understand their customers by leveraging unstructured data with modern NLP techniques.
Kimberly holds a PhD in applied mathematics from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and completed a postdoctoral fellowship in math biology at the Ohio State University. She has been coding in Python for 10 years and loves learning new programming techniques from resources like Real Python!
You can find Kimberly elsewhere at:
She has also contributed to various podcasts, conferences, and blogs:
- Real Python Podcast: Episode 12: Web Scraping in Python: Tools, Techniques, and Legality
- PyCon 2020 Tutorial: It’s Officially Legal so Let’s Scrape the Web
- PyOhio 2020: Great Scott! Delorean for Datetime Manipulation in Python
- ODSC Blog: Level Up: spaCy NLP for the Win
- Towards Data Science: Measuring Statistical Dispersion with the Gini Coefficient
- Demystifying Data Science 2019: Introduction to Python Workshop