Excel Spreadsheets in Python With openpyxl (Overview)
Excel spreadsheets are one of those things you might have to deal with at some point. Either it’s because your boss loves them or because marketing needs them, you might have to learn how to work with spreadsheets in Python, and that’s when knowing
openpyxl comes in handy!
In this course, you’ll learn how to use openpyxl to:
- Read Excel spreadsheets and iterate through the data
- Manipulate speadsheet data using Python data structures
- Create simple or more complex spreadsheets
- Format workbooks using styles, filters, and conditional formatting
- Enhance spreadsheets by adding images and charts
Hello, and welcome to the Real Python guide to Excel spreadsheets and
openpyxl. In these videos, you’re going to learn how to use
openpyxl to manipulate Excel workbooks using Python, which is a great way to start automating business tasks.
00:47 The next thing you’ll learn is how to add filters and formulas, and then you’ll see how you can style cells and add conditional formatting. Finally, you’ll see how to add images and charts. There’s quite a bit to cover, so in the next video, you’re going to set up an environment, get some sample data, and create your first worksheet. See you there.
Become a Member to join the conversation.