In this video course, you learned about FastAPI and how to use it to create production-ready APIs that have best practices by default while providing the best developer experience possible.
You learned how to:
- Use path parameters to get a unique URL path per item
- Receive JSON data in your requests using pydantic
- Use API best practices like validation, serialization, and documentation
- Continue learning about FastAPI and pydantic for different use cases
You’re now ready to start creating your own highly performant APIs for your projects. If you want to dive deeper into the world of FastAPI, then you can follow the official User Guide in the FastAPI documentation.
For more information on concepts in this course, you can check out:
- Async IO in Python: A Complete Walkthrough
- Python Type Checking (Guide)
- Python and REST APIs: Interacting With Web Services
- Python’s Requests Library (Guide)
- Real Python Podcast Episode 72: Starting With FastAPI and Examining Python’s Import System
Congratulations, you made it to the end of the course! What’s your #1 takeaway or favorite thing you learned? How are you going to put your newfound skills to use? Leave a comment in the discussion section and let us know.