Throughout this course, you learned how object-oriented principles differ in Python vs Java.
You learned about:
- Building a basic class in both Java and Python
- How object attributes work in Python vs Java
- How to compare and contrast Java methods and Python functions
- Working with inheritance and polymorphism mechanisms in both languages
- How reflection works across Python vs Java
- How to apply everything in a complete class implementation in both languages
If you want to learn more about OOP in Python, be sure to check out these resources:
- Intro to Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) in Python
- Inheritance and Composition: A Python OOP Guide
- Supercharge Your Classes With Python super()
Congratulations, you made it to the end of the course! What’s your #1 takeaway or favorite thing you learned? How are you going to put your newfound skills to use? Leave a comment in the discussion section and let us know.
Alain Rouleau on July 1, 2021
Good insights and comparisons as it relates to Python and Java. Very much enjoyed the videos. Thanks a lot!