Creating high-quality GUI applications requires laying out all the graphical components in a coherent and polished arrangement. In PyQt, an effective way of doing that is to use PyQt’s layout managers, which provide a user-friendly and productive way of approaching this task.
In this course, you’ve learned:
- What the benefits are of properly laying out the widgets on a GUI
- How to programmatically arrange widgets using PyQt’s built-in layout managers
- Which layout manager to use for your specific use case
- How to lay out main window–style and dialog-style applications in PyQt
Here are additional resources about PyQt:
- GUI Programming With PyQt: Real Python Learning Path
- Python and PyQt: Building a GUI Desktop Calculator: Real Python Tutorial
Congratulations, you made it to the end of the course! What’s your #1 takeaway or favorite thing you learned? How are you going to put your newfound skills to use? Leave a comment in the discussion section and let us know.