pytest offers a core set of productivity features to filter and optimize your tests along with a flexible plugin system that extends its value even further. Whether you have a huge legacy
unittest suite or you’re starting a new project from scratch, pytest has something to offer you.
In this video course, you learned how to use:
- Fixtures for handling test dependencies, state, and reusable functionality
- Marks for categorizing tests and limiting access to external resources
- Parametrization for reducing duplicated code between tests
- Durations to identify your slowest tests
- Plugins for integrating with other frameworks and testing tools
If you’d like to learn more about the concepts in this video course, check out:
- pytest documentation
- Getting Started With Testing in Python
- Test-Driven Development With PyTest
- How to Provide Test Fixtures for Django Models in Pytest
- 4 Techniques for Testing Python Command-Line (CLI) Apps
- Build a Hash Table in Python With TDD
Congratulations, you made it to the end of the course! What’s your #1 takeaway or favorite thing you learned? How are you going to put your newfound skills to use? Leave a comment in the discussion section and let us know.