Have you been wondering how scopes and closures work in Python? Maybe you’ve just heard about
object.__closure__, and you’d like to figure out what exactly it does. In this Code Conversation video course, you’ll use the debugger Thonny to walk through some sample code and get a better understanding of scopes and closures in Python.
In this Code Conversation video course, you’ll:
- Clarify code by refactoring it with descriptive names
- Learn how functions access variables in local and nonlocal scopes
- Understand how inner and outer function calls open and close their own scopes
You’ll also take a deep dive into the inner workings of Python by inspecting dunder objects to find out how Python handles and stores variables.
To get the most out of this Code Conversation, you should be familiar with scopes and variables in Python. You should also be comfortable defining your own functions and distinguishing between inner and outer functions.
- 5 Lessons
- Video Subtitles and Full Transcript
- 2 Downloadable Resources
- Q&A With Python Experts: Ask a Question
- Certificate of Completion