One of Python’s most distinctive features is the list comprehension, which you can use to create powerful functionality within a single line of code. However, many developers struggle to fully leverage the more advanced features, or use them too much, which can lead to code that’s less efficient and harder to read.
By the end of this course, you’ll understand the full power of Python list comprehensions and how to use their features comfortably. You’ll also gain an understanding of the trade-offs that come with using them so that you can determine when other approaches are more preferable.
In this course, you’ll learn how to:
- Rewrite loops and
map()calls as a list comprehension in Python
- Choose between comprehensions, loops, and
- Supercharge your comprehensions with conditional logic
- Use comprehensions to replace
- Profile your code to solve performance questions
- 5 Lessons
- Video Subtitles and Full Transcript
- 2 Downloadable Resources
- Accompanying Text-Based Tutorial
- Q&A With Python Experts: Ask a Question
- Certificate of Completion
Related Learning Paths: