You now know how to use Python to perform the most common operations on files and groups of files. You’ve learned about the different built-in modules used to read, find, and manipulate them.
You’re now equipped to use Python to:
- Get directory contents and file properties
- Create directories and directory trees
- Find patterns in filenames
- Create temporary files and directories
- Move, rename, copy, and delete files or directories
- Read and extract data from different types of archives
- Read multiple files simultaneously using
Congratulations, you made it to the end of the course! What’s your #1 takeaway or favorite thing you learned? How are you going to put your newfound skills to use? Leave a comment in the discussion section and let us know.
Robb Glietz on Aug. 4, 2020
Great video learned a ton about how files work in Python. Thank you.