In this Code Conversation, you followed the conversation while Philipp and Martin performed common tasks in the terminal on macOS.
In this video course, you’ve learned how to:
- Show the current working directory
- List the contents of a folder
- Add text to files without opening them
- Display the content of a file
- Run Python scripts
- Copy and move files
If you’d like to get to know the terminal even better, then you can check out the following command-line application projects:
- Build a Quiz Application With Python
- Build a Site Connectivity Checker in Python
- Build a Command-Line To-Do App With Python and Typer
- Build a Python Directory Tree Generator for the Command Line
- Raining Outside? Build a Weather CLI App With Python
You can also read the companion tutorial, The Terminal: First Steps and Useful Commands, to review what you’ve learned here and expand your skills by learning how to use
pip and Git from the terminal.
Congratulations, you made it to the end of the course! What’s your #1 takeaway or favorite thing you learned? How are you going to put your newfound skills to use? Leave a comment in the discussion section and let us know.