Hi I’m Austin Cepalia, a video tutorial author at Real Python. I’m currently a student working towards a degree in computer science at Rochester Institute of Technology, but I learn best when I can work through projects at my own pace and challenge my understanding of whatever it is I’m learning.
I’ve held a few education-related positions in the past five years, such as computing instructor at a community program, iD Tech Camps, and my local university K12 program. Now, I combine my passions for programming, computer science, teaching, and digital media to create engaging video tutorials here at Real Python.
My background is primarily in Microsoft technologies like C# and .NET, but I’ve loved learning Python over the past few years, especially when I can utilize libraries like Matplotlib to easily plot data and help me in my various STEM courses.
Tutorials by Austin:
- Pointers and Objects in Python (Course)
- A Beginner's Guide to Pip (Course)
- Inheritance and Composition: A Python OOP Guide (Course)
- Python Plotting With Matplotlib (Course)
- The Python range() Function (Course)
- Python Debugging With pdb (Course)
- Traditional Face Detection With Python (Course)
- Logging in Python (Course)
- Python Development in Visual Studio Code (Setup Guide) (Course)
- Working With JSON Data in Python (Course)
- Intro to Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) in Python (Course)