Hi I’m Austin Cepalia, a video tutorial author at Real Python. I’m currently a sophomore working toward a degree in computer science at Rochester Institute of Technology. I work as a Unity developer for a student-lead company that’s making American Sign Language more accessible so that incoming freshman can learn to interact with the large deaf community here.
Previously, I worked at a community program in New Haven, Connecticut introducing computer science and Python to inner-city children. Now, I combine my passions for programming, computer science, teaching, and digital media to create engaging video tutorials here at Real Python.
My background is primarily in Microsoft technologies like C# and .NET, but I’ve loved learning Python over the past few years, especially when I can utilize libraries like Matplotlib to easily plot data and help me in my various STEM courses.
Tutorials by Austin:
- Python Plotting With Matplotlib (Course)
- The Python range() Function (Course)
- Python Debugging With pdb (Course)
- Traditional Face Detection With Python (Course)
- Logging in Python (Course)
- Python Development in Visual Studio Code (Setup Guide) (Course)
- Working With JSON Data in Python (Course)
- Intro to Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) in Python (Course)