Computer vision is an exciting and growing field. There are tons of interesting problems to solve! One of them is face detection: the ability of a computer to recognize that a photograph contains a human face, and tell you where it is located. In this course, you’ll learn about face detection with Python.
To detect any object in an image, it is necessary to understand how images are represented inside a computer, and how that object differs visually from any other object.
Once that is done, the process of scanning an image and looking for those visual cues needs to be automated and optimized. All these steps come together to form a fast and reliable computer vision algorithm.
In this course, you’ll learn:
- What face detection is
- How computers understand features in images
- How to quickly analyze many different features to reach a decision
- How to use a minimal Python solution for detecting human faces in images
- 11 Lessons
- Video Subtitles and Full Transcripts
- Accompanying Text-Based Tutorial
- Q&A With Python Experts: Ask a Question
- Certificate of Completion
Related Learning Paths: