Hello, I’m David. I like graph theory, combinatorics and network analysis. I’ve been known to do statistics from time to time. I work as a data scientist and Python developer for a wedding venue. Who knew that was a thing?
I worked in scientific computing during college and grad school, mainly in the fields of mathematics and computational chemistry, and used a lot of C and Java. I also have three years of experience in automation and control of audio/visual/lighting systems with Lua, and am interested in digital signal processing.
When not geeking out, I am busy being a husband and a father and trying to deplete my Jack Russell Terrier’s infinite supply of energy.
Oh… and when I grow up, I want to be the science officer on the U.S.S. Enterprise! 🖖
Tutorials by David:
- How to Round Numbers in Python
- Itertools in Python 3, By Example
- The Ultimate Guide To Speech Recognition With Python
Tutorials David Contributed to:
- Working With Files in Python
- Async IO in Python: A Complete Walkthrough
- Speed Up Your Python Program With Concurrency
- Memory Management in Python
- How to Publish an Open-Source Python Package to PyPI
- Getting Started With Testing in Python
- The Python range() Function (Guide)
- Image Segmentation Using Color Spaces in OpenCV + Python
- Absolute vs Relative Imports in Python
- Logging in Python
- Sets in Python
- Advanced Git Tips for Python Developers
- Python 3's f-Strings: An Improved String Formatting Syntax (Guide)
- Operator and Function Overloading in Custom Python Classes
- Look Ma, No For-Loops: Array Programming With NumPy