On your Python journey, you’ve probably learned about functions and loops. To fully understand functions and loops in Python, you need to be familiar with the issue of scope.
By the end of this video course, you’ll know:
- What a scope is and why it’s important
- How Python applies the LEGB rule for scope resolution
Scope can be one of the more difficult programming concepts to understand, so in this video course, you’ll get a gentle introduction to it.
This video course is part of the Python Basics series, which accompanies Python Basics: A Practical Introduction to Python 3. You can also check out the other Python Basics courses.
Note that you’ll be using IDLE to interact with Python throughout this course. If you’re just getting started, then you might want to check out Python Basics: Setting Up Python before diving into this course.
- 9 Lessons
- Video Subtitles and Full Transcripts
- 2 Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Quiz to Check Your Progress
- Q&A With Python Experts: Ask a Question
- Certificate of Completion
Related Learning Paths: