Episode 41: 2020 Real Python Articles in Review
Dec 25, 2020 47m
It’s been quite the year! The Real Python team has written, edited, curated, illustrated, and produced a mountain of Python articles this year. We also upgraded the site and membership with office hours, transcripts, this podcast, and much more.
We are joined by two members of the Real Python team, David Amos and Joanna Jablonski. We wanted to share a year-end wrap-up with a collection of articles that showcase a diversity of Python topics and the quality of what our team created this year.
Joanna and David help to shepherd articles through the multi-stage editing process. They make sure articles not only impart crucial Python knowledge but also provide a thorough didactic experience.
We hope you enjoy this review and as a programming note, there won’t be an episode next week, but we will be back the following week, and look forward to bringing you a year full of great guests, topics, articles, and projects.
Course Spotlight: Python Turtle for Beginners
In this step-by-step course, you’ll learn the basics of Python programming with the help of a simple and interactive Python library called turtle. If you’re a beginner to Python, then this tutorial will definitely help you on your journey as you take your first steps into the world of programming.
- 00:00:00 – Introduction
- 00:01:41 – Joanna visits the show
- 00:04:28 – Pandas Project: Make a Gradebook With Python & Pandas
- 00:07:18 – Build Physical Projects With Python on the Raspberry Pi
- 00:11:32 – Python Practice Problems: Get Ready for Your Next Interview
- 00:15:05 – Data Version Control With Python and DVC
- 00:19:02 – What Are Python Wheels and Why Should You Care?
- 00:22:57 – Video Course Spotlight
- 00:23:58 – Python import: Advanced Techniques and Tips
- 00:26:33 – Hands-On Linear Programming: Optimization With Python
- 00:29:47 – Customize the Django Admin With Python
- 00:33:51 – The Python return Statement: Usage and Best Practices
- 00:36:12 – Python GUI Programming With Tkinter
- 00:46:47 – Thanks and goodbyes
- Pandas Project: Make a Gradebook With Python & Pandas
- Build Physical Projects With Python on the Raspberry Pi
- Python Practice Problems: Get Ready for Your Next Interview
- Data Version Control With Python and DVC
- What Are Python Wheels and Why Should You Care?
- Python import: Advanced Techniques and Tips
- Hands-On Linear Programming: Optimization With Python
- Customize the Django Admin With Python
- The Python return Statement: Usage and Best Practices
- Python GUI Programming With Tkinter
Learning Paths Referenced:
- Pandas for Data Science: Learning Path
- Introduction to Python: Learning Path
- Ace Your Python Coding Interview: Learning Path
- Django for Web Development: Learning Path
- GUI Programming With PyQt: Learning Path
- Python Basics Book: Learning Path
- Data Collection & Storage: Learning Path
Podcast Episodes Referenced:
- Episode 21: Exploring K-means Clustering and Building a Gradebook With Pandas
- Episode 13: PDFs in Python and Projects on the Raspberry Pi
- Episode 27: Preparing for an Interview With Python Practice Problems
- Episode 25: Data Version Control in Python and Real Python Video Transcripts
- Episode 23: Python Wheels and Pass by Reference in Python
- Episode 24: Options for Packaging Your Python Application: Wheels, Docker, and More
- Episode 19: Advanced Python Import Techniques and Managing Users in Django
- Episode 17: Linear Programming, PySimpleGUI, and More
- Episode 31: Python Return Statement Best Practices and Working With the map() Function
- Episode 32: Our New “Python Basics” Book & Filling the Gaps in Your Learning Path
- About Joanna Jablonski: Real Python Team
- Real Python’s Office Hours: Learn With Python Experts in Real Time
- Office Hours Archive - September 9, 2020 : Guest Jim Anderson