A function is a self-contained block of code that encapsulates a specific task or related group of tasks. This course will show you how to define your own Python function. You’ll learn when to divide your program into separate user-defined functions and what tools you’ll need to do this.
You’ll also learn the various ways to pass data into a function when calling it, which allows for different behavior from one invocation to the next.
In this course, you’ll learn:
- How functions work in Python and why they’re beneficial
- How to define and call your own Python function
- Mechanisms for passing arguments to your function
- Some differences between how to work with functions in Python vs C++
- How to return data from your function back to the calling environment
This course will be the most helpful for you if you’re already familiar with the fundamental concepts of Python, including basic data types, lists and tuples, dictionaries, the import statement, conditional statements, and for loops.
silvanog31560 on Aug. 9, 2021
Thank you for this course, it was great! I am sure that once I get some practice I will come back to review this again!