Hi, my name is Leodanis Pozo Ramos, I am an industrial engineer graduated from the Technological University of Havana “José Antonio Echeverría”, Cuba since 2005. I have a Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering and Quality Management from the University of Holguín “Oscar Lucero Moya”.
Since I began the university I realized that my real great passion was computers and I decided that even though I graduated from Industrial Engineering, I would dedicate countless hours of study to improve and expand my computer skills.
A few years ago (2009), moved by my thirst for knowledge, I started to use GNU/Linux and it opened me up to a whole universe of possibilities that I hadn´t had before using Windows. I entered the world of Free Software and Open Source, and step by step I realized that programming was what I liked most. I spent several hours writing my own Bash scripts to automate tasks, process and manage my data on GNU/Linux.
In the summer of 2014, after a lot of analysis and a lot of serious evaluation, I decided to take Python as the language to start programming professionally. I have several years of programming experience and about four years studying and using Python in my own projects.
Tutorials by Leodanis:
- Python Scope & the LEGB Rule: Resolving Names in Your Code
- Using the Python defaultdict Type for Handling Missing Keys
- Python and PyQt: Building a GUI Desktop Calculator
- Using the Python zip() Function for Parallel Iteration
- How to Use the Python or Operator
- How to Iterate Through a Dictionary in Python
- How to Run Your Python Scripts