Dictionaries are one of the most important and useful data structures in Python. They can help you solve a wide variety of programming problems. This course will take you on a deep dive into how to iterate through a dictionary in Python.
By the end of this course, you’ll know:
- What dictionaries are, as well as some of their main features and implementation details
- How to iterate through a dictionary in Python by using the basic tools the language offers
- What kind of real-world tasks you can perform by iterating through a dictionary in Python
- How to use some more advanced techniques and strategies to iterate through a dictionary in Python
For more information on dictionaries, you can check out the following resources:
- Dictionaries in Python
- Itertools in Python 3, By Example
- The documentation for
Ready? Let’s go!
mikesult on May 6, 2020
Thanks Liam for a great tutorial on working with dictionaries. I learned a lot of new things especially using ChainMap, the itertools and dict unpacking.