In this course, you’ll learn about Python type checking. Traditionally, types have been handled by the Python interpreter in a flexible but implicit way. Recent versions of Python allow you to specify explicit type hints that can be used by different tools to help you develop your code more efficiently.
In this tutorial, you’ll learn about:
- Type annotations and type hints
- Adding static types to code, both your code and the code of others
- Running a static type checker
- Enforcing types at runtime
You’ll go on a tour of how type hints work in Python and find out if type checking is something you want to use in your code. If you want to learn more, you can check out the resources that will be linked to throughout this course.
- 10 Lessons
- Video Subtitles and Full Transcripts
- 1 Downloadable Resource
- Accompanying Text-Based Tutorial
- Q&A With Python Experts: Ask a Question
- Certificate of Completion
Related Learning Paths: