In this video course, you’ll build a URL shortener with Python and FastAPI. URLs can be extremely long and not user-friendly. This is where a URL shortener can come in handy. A URL shortener reduces the number of characters in a URL, making it easier to read, remember, and share.
By following this step-by-step project, you’ll build a URL shortener with Python and FastAPI. At the end of this course, you’ll have a fully functional API-driven web app that creates shortened URLs that forward to target URLs.
In this video course, you’ll learn how to:
- Create a REST API with FastAPI
- Run a development web server with Uvicorn
- Model an SQLite database
- Investigate the auto-generated API documentation
- Interact with the database with CRUD actions
- Optimize your app by refactoring your code
This URL shortener project is for intermediate Python programmers who want to try out FastAPI and learn about API design, CRUD, and interaction with a database. To follow along, it’ll help if you’re familiar with the basics of handling HTTP requests. If you need a refresher on FastAPI, Using FastAPI to Build Python Web APIs is a great introduction.
- 17 Lessons
- Video Subtitles and Full Transcripts
- 2 Downloadable Resources
- Accompanying Text-Based Tutorial
- Q&A With Python Experts: Ask a Question
- Certificate of Completion