What is Django?#
Django is a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean pragmatic design. A Web framework is a set of components that provide a standard way to develop websites fast and easily. Django’s primary goal is to ease the creation of complex database-driven websites. Some well known sites that use Django include PBS, Instagram, Disqus, Washington Times, Bitbucket and Mozilla.
What will you find here?#
If you’re new to Django, we recommend starting with the Real Python course to get a firm foundation in web development in Python. The tutorials in this section are intermediate to advanced articles that cover key aspects of Django development such as:
Testing Django applications.
- Testing is vital. The articles on testing will introduce you to unit and integration testing for your Django applications. You will also learn about the different packages and libraries available to assist with writing and running test suites.
- Learn how to create RESTFul APIs using the Django Rest Framework(DRF), an application used for rapidly building RESTful APIs based on Django models.
- Learn Django best practices, recommended workflow, project structure and also how to avoid common pitfalls when building Django projects.
- When your application is ready to leave the room and be deployed, the tutorials and articles on deployment will cover deployment options available to you and how to deploy your site to each one.
- Fast page loads improve the experience of visiting your site. Here you’ll learn about factors that slow web applications down and how you can boost performance by implementing caching.
Free Bonus: Click here to get access to a free Django Learning Resources Guide (PDF) that shows you tips and tricks as well as common pitfalls to avoid when building Python + Django web applications.